TMS Handi-Arc® Arc Spray System
Compact and light-weight, the Handi-Arc® is designed for projects where high production is neither desired nor required. The Handi-Arc® twin wire arc-spray system is an excellent choice in equipment for metalizing small components or to repair large metalized or galvanized components.
The Handi-Arc® is an ideal choice for new architectural coatings, small fabrications, and even training facilities. The Handi-Arc® Metalizing System is simple to setup and operate.
- Easy to Use
- Quick Connecting Front-End Assembly
- Light Weight Spray Head
- Simple and Reliable Nozzle Design
- 1/16" - 3/32" Wire Diameters
- Emergency Stop
- 24 Volt DC Motor
- All system components are assembled in one rugged caddy
- Utilizes Inverter DC/CV Power Supply Technology
- Single-phase or three-phase electricity
Safety and Operation
- The Arc Spray Metalizing process produces noise, fumes, and Ultraviolet rays. Consult the operators' manual and individual wire Material Data Safety Sheets for safety precautions.
- Arc-shields installed on the gun protect against direct UV exposure. These shields are easily removed to accomplish spray gun maintenance.
- Automotive Restoration
- Metal Filling
- Rust Repair
- Corrosion Control in Small Shops
- Field Repairs
- Repair Metalized and Galvanized Components (Large and Small)
Accessories can help the operator and increase productivity.
Arc Spray Process
In the arc spray process, the raw material in the form of a pair of metallic wires, is melted by an electric arc. This molten material is atomised by a cone of compressed air and propelled towards the workpiece.
The molten spray solidifies on the component surface to form a dense, strongly adherent coating.
Arc Sprayed Coating Benefits
- Corrosion Protection
- Component Reclamation
- Wear Resistance
- Electrical & Thermal Conductivity
- Free Standing Shapes
- The coatings are available for almost instant use with no drying or curing times.
- The deposits generally possess a higher degree of bond strength than flame sprayed deposits.
- It is more economic to operate than flame spray. No fuel is required; just compressed air and electricity.